Lean start-up principles in entrepreneurship mean that start-ups implement solutions for existing problems rather than create products or services for perceived demand.
This workshop will review the unlikely similarities between entrepreneurship and health care and how the inclusion of business and entrepreneurship principles is necessary for long-term success in health care.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Identify components of the business model within their respective institutional settings
2. Understand how these components influence the way health care is managed and delivered
Equitable Health Care is Not Just About Race and Ethnicity
Participants of this workshop will review the sociocultural and institutional factors that impede equitable health care and explore potential solutions and future challenges.
The workshop engages participants to critically evaluate how sociocultural and institutional factors can influence equitable health care delivery in their respective institutions. At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Identify how sociocultural and institutional factors may affect the delivery of equitable health care
2. Understand how these factors influence outcomes in their own institutions
Scale and Sustain
Scalability and sustainability in health care are both significant and challenging. This workshop provides the opportunity to create hard and soft measures of performance that align with effective program scale and sustainability strategies. At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Define scale and sustainability and understand key considerations in its measurement
2. Explain why scale and sustainability are essential from the perspective of key partners and stakeholders
3. Understand the relationship between scale, sustainability, and equity in health care
(Lack of) Health Communication is Costly
The lack of communication about health and health care costs both money and lives. In this workshop, participants examine the elements of health communication and identify strategies that can improve outcomes in their respective settings. At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Define aspects of health communication and understand its impact on health and well-being.
2. Identify effective health communication strategies and actionable information that people can easily understand and incorporate into practice.
In my consulting and partnership services, I aim to help align stakeholder interests in health care organizations and expand the fields of Dissemination and Implementation Science. I want to show individuals and corporations how they can play a part in systematically improving healthcare communication and dismantling structural racism in all healthcare settings.
As a passionate researcher, I am available as a consultant, co-investigator, or publication partner on studies that focus on health communication, health inequalities, and related dissemination and implementation topics.
Whether you are academically focused, community-based practice, or a community partner, I can show you how to make a difference and achieve sustainable results. Want to know more? Click the button below and let’s have a conversation. Book a consultation today.